Friday, September 26, 2014

Card sketch {bella blvd}


Today is card sketch day for September over on the Bella Blvd blog. Below are two cards I made using this month's sketch.


For my card, I turned the sketch vertical instead of horizontal. I kept pretty true to the bottom pattern paper and the left-of-center main image. Instead of an image and a sentiment, I chose to make the main image the whole sentiment. The ruffled area indicated on the sketch is represented on the card with some folds of washi tape.


Supplies: Halloween Magic (Pattern paper: Daily Details Halloween Magic), Chipboard Icons.
Designer Tape: Chevron Combo Pack (black)


This card is also turned vertically from the horizontal sketch. There are more background layers on my card than in the sketch and I left off the ruffled strip. Instead, for texture, I used a piece of twine. The main image and sentiment are still kept left of center and are the predominant focus of the card.


Supplies: Hello Autumn (Pattern paper: Time to Rake, Gatherings, Borders Hello Autumn, Daily Details Hello Autumn)

If you like card sketches, make sure to pin this one and then swing on over to the Bella Blvd blog to see what the other gals made.

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such fun cards!

Diana Waite said...

these are GREAT!

Stephanie said...

Awesome cards! So bold and fun. That ghost with the bowtie is too cute.