Monday, May 12, 2014

Watercolors and a May birthday


This past week I took the Online Card Class Watercolors class. Through a series of videos, I watched some of my favorite card makers show off their techniques, tips and tricks. Some of them I already knew about but rarely practice — some were completely new to me.

This card shows off one of the masking techniques. I had no idea you could use rubber cement to help mask off areas on projects.


My little man turns 8 this month. I made this card because the BOOM sentiment gave me the perfect opportunity to use the masking technique and because Nate says "BOOM!" all the time.

Thanks for stopping by here today. I can't wait to keep working through the techniques from the class. I'll make sure to stop by here and share them with you.

4 comments:

TracieClaiborne said...

Just gorgeous! I love watercolors. I recently bought a new kit and want to play with them. Can't wait to see what else you share from what you learned!

Jingle said...

This is very cute! Love the soft colors with the bold sentiment!

Lisa Echerd said...

Very pretty background!

Unknown said...

Wow, so very cool!